Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

''Expenses''

Does my ex-wife have to pay for her on expenses when she brings our son to South Carolina to visit me? Hotel, food, gas, etc

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

Re: ''Expenses''

Typically, unless the Order specifically requires one party to pay travel expenses, then that party will not have to do so. However, you have in effect asked a very fact-specific question without providing the necessary supporting facts.

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog (www.SCFamilyLaw.com) or our website (www.StevensFirm.com). I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Re: ''Expenses''

Yes, unless your agreement with her regarding this particular issue provides otherwise.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia