Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

I left my husband last year we are still not legally seperated I want to sell a truck in my name can i do it

Asked on 10/21/11, 3:00 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Sure, if the truck is your sole property as evidenced by the fact that the title is

only in your name and that your spouse in no way contributed to its purchase or value in any way shape or form that would make it marital property.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/11, 9:24 pm
Paul B. Ward Law Offices of Paul B. Ward
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can sell anything that's in your sole name unless there is a court order or property settlement agreement that says you cannot. The proceeds of sale may be determined to be marital property, depending on how and when you purchased the truck.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/11, 7:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now