Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

I live in Virginia. My mom has filed for custody of my nephew. There is no custody order with either of his parents or with my mom. The court set the date for 5 months out but the child is in need of things that she can't do without a custody order. Is there anything she can do to get a custody order in place sooner?

Asked on 11/03/13, 12:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your mother, the petitioner, could request that the court advance the

hearing date for whatever compelling reasons she can muster in support of this request.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/13, 12:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now