Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

we were married in the us, we lived in the us, my husband has a 20 younger girlfriend and wants a divorce in germany. we both are germans. i want a divorce in the us. what is my situation?

Asked on 11/16/09, 10:36 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

So, file for divorce in your state of residence which apparently is Virginia(if and when you meet the necessary requirements) found at Va. Code Sec. 20-91.

Read more
11/21/09, 2:31 pm
sheryl shane sheryl shane, attorney at law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Look to where you are domiciled and have residence.

Read more
11/21/09, 3:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now