Virginia  |  Family Law

Minor Name Change

Where can I obtain a copy/form to petition the court for a name change for my Grandson. He desires this change and his mother is agreeable.

Answered on: 8/08/01, 6:00 pm by Robert Beard

Re: Minor Name Change

Please see the Name Change section on the Practice Areas page of the Virginia Law Links Page for links to online name change forms.

Please Note:

The answer to the question above does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is general in nature, and is not intended to, nor is there any representation that it does, meet your legal needs. You are not being advised to take or not to take any action pursuant to this general information. You are strongly encouraged to obtain the services of legal counsel to pursue any legal rights and remedies you may have. The Virginia Lawyers Referral Service can provide you with a referral to an attorney who will give you an initial one-half hour consultation for a maximum fee of $35. This may prove to be a very valuable investment.

Attorney at Law 219 East Davis Street, Suite 350 Culpeper, VA 22701-3013