Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Can a motion to change venue to a different county which states the reason "In order to change child support" be counted as an existing petition for retroactive calculation of child support? I had to madatory retire from the Navy due to failing to select for LCDR a second time. I live in Virginia Beach, VA and the court with juristiciton is in Fredrecksburg, VA. I put in a motion to change venue in order to reduce child support until I could find another job. I put the motion in on 10 Feb '11 and it was denied in April. I put in a motion to reduce child support in May '11. What I want to know is can the court count the motion to change venue as the date for retroactive calculation of support?

Asked on 10/13/11, 4:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, not if it was denied.

Read more
Answered on 10/13/11, 7:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now