Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

In our MSA my ex agreed to accept 100% of a particular debt. This MSA was entered as part of our divorce and accepted by the court. My ex has since defaulted on the debt and the creditor is looking at me to pay the debt. What do I need to do to enforce the MSA we both agreed to?

Asked on 7/16/13, 2:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your ex needs to be brought back before the court on what's called

"A Rule to Show Cause" (as to why he should not be found in contempt of court and be subject to appropriate sanctions).

The attorney who (hopefully) you had to represent you in the divorce will know how to go about filing this motion in your behalf.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/13, 2:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now