Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

My nephew has physical custody of his son. He is the one with the childen support order which he has started to pay but has paid a late payment that they didnt accept. The court wont amend it even though he was granted physical custody. He has a sentencing hearing next month.

Just in case he gets locked up next month for taking care of his child. I was asked to take temporary physical custody if thats possible.

Asked on 10/13/13, 3:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, if this is his first delinquency in paying his child support, it

is extremely unlikely that the court would order him into the

slammer for any time at all, particularly if he's the custodial parent

(my opinion).

Read more
Answered on 10/13/13, 8:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now