Virginia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/26/13, 12:12 am

I have a question to ask. I have Aaron court date coming up and I went and talk to the GAL for my son today and I have a question to ask. I was told that I would need to file for visation to get my son to stay with me is that correct or do I need to make a motion to change to have it where I need for custodity. If someone can let me know so I can get this matter fix ASAP because the court case I'd 10/01/13 and I need to file this in the courts to be be heard on that day. I just want to make sure if I need to ask for a motion to have it to where I have custody of my son so he can stay with me for the school year. I just don't want to take him away from his mother but I just want him to go to school and I think that he would be better with me.

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/26/13, 6:17 am by Michael E. Hendrickson

Without knowiing virtually any of the relevant facts in this matter nor

even why a GAL was appointed in the first place to represent your

son, your motion for court-ordered visitation (as apparently recommended by this GAL) is probably the best way for you to proceed at this time, but it would be best for you to arrange for a consultation with a local attorney on this issue who handles family law matters for greater certainty.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney & Counsellor at Law 211 North Union Street Suite 100 Alexandria, 22314

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search