Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

I have a question to ask. I have Aaron court date coming up and I went and talk to the GAL for my son today and I have a question to ask. I was told that I would need to file for visation to get my son to stay with me is that correct or do I need to make a motion to change to have it where I need for custodity. If someone can let me know so I can get this matter fix ASAP because the court case I'd 10/01/13 and I need to file this in the courts to be be heard on that day. I just want to make sure if I need to ask for a motion to have it to where I have custody of my son so he can stay with me for the school year. I just don't want to take him away from his mother but I just want him to go to school and I think that he would be better with me.

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Without knowiing virtually any of the relevant facts in this matter nor

even why a GAL was appointed in the first place to represent your

son, your motion for court-ordered visitation (as apparently recommended by this GAL) is probably the best way for you to proceed at this time, but it would be best for you to arrange for a consultation with a local attorney on this issue who handles family law matters for greater certainty.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia