Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

i recieved residential custody for my daughter for one school year. while here, she got into some legal trouble and is now being ordered to be removed from my home for 12 months. her mother will not answer phone calls or emails, and has decided she doesnt want her home. can she do this? she is 14 years old.

Asked on 1/29/12, 7:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you received residential (physical) custody of this child by order

of an appropriate court and now there's a superceding order (presumably from another court) removing the child from your home, then the preceding custody order needs to be modified to return the child to the physical custody of the mother or other appropriate third party guardian before any

legal responsibility for this custody could attach to whoever is to have this responsibility.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/12, 8:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now