Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Show Cause

I filed a show cause because the paternal grandparents won't obide by the court order for reasonable visitation. Went to court and was told by the judge that they have hired an attorney. New court date has been set. Should I have an attorney represent me? Do I need one?

Asked on 3/18/09, 8:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ruth Emily Kochard Ruth Emily Kochard, Counselor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Show Cause

By all means if you have the ability to do so you should hire an attorney to represent you in this matter--particularly since the other side is represented by counsel. Without an attorney you will be disadvantaged to effectively present your claim, and may lose a motion that would otherwise succeed.

Read more
Answered on 3/18/09, 10:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now