Virginia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/05/13, 12:46 pm

My son and his wife moved out of an apartment and his wife rented a storage unit to store their items. They are now separated and she will not give him access to his items in the unit (clothes, hunting items, furniture that his aunt gave him before their marriage, etc.) until he gives her $ for storage fees. What can he do to get his items out of the storage unit?

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/05/13, 12:51 pm by Michael E. Hendrickson

He could file what's called a Warrant in Detinue against her in the

local general district court for the return of what is clearly his personal

as opposed to marital) property.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney & Counsellor at Law 211 North Union Street Suite 100 Alexandria, 22314

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search