Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Spouse support

I have been seperated from my spouse for two years now,and now she wants me to pay her spouse support is rthis possible?I am unemployed and and 5,000 dollars behind on my child support now.We are currently going through a divorce,and she is working with no rent to pay just utilities.

Asked on 8/02/01, 11:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lisa Lane McDevitt McDevitt Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Spouse support

She can always ask for spousal support but that doesn't mean she will get it. There are a number of factors the court must look to to determine whether to grant spousal support, including her need and your ability to pay. Just from what you told me it doesn't sound like she has a need and if you are unemployed you don't have an ability to pay.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/01, 1:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now