Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

In the State of Virginia, can a no-fault divorce be secured by one party after a one-year period of separation, even if the other spouse does not agree to the divorce? The party seeking the divorce is the one who deserted the marriage.

Asked on 10/16/11, 8:05 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Read more
Answered on 10/16/11, 3:26 pm
Paul B. Ward Law Offices of Paul B. Ward
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, but the other party has the option of filing a cross-complaint alleging fault, such as desertion.

Read more
Answered on 10/17/11, 7:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now