Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

According to VA law, in order to qualify for "shared custody" of a child, the parent that the child visits must have them for at least 90 days, leaving the other 275 days with the primary guardian. If the primary guardian does not have physical custody of the child for 275 days b/c they spend time with grandparents, can this effect the amount of child support that the non primary guardian has to pay?

Asked on 6/09/13, 6:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, as far as I am aware, the Virginia Child Support Guidelines make

no provision for this possibility.

Read more
Answered on 6/09/13, 7:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now