Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Wife left with Child

My wife moved to Florida to move in with some guys she met on World of Warcraft. She took our 5 month old son with her, she left me with $30 dollars and is expecting me to pick her up at the airport when she comes home to visit for her brothers graduation. I want a divorce. What actions can I take to get my son back at home with me, and to get final custody. I know Virginia favors the mother most often, but the house is in my name and I have a stable job - she has neither and will be expecting me to pay for her to live where ever she chooses. I'm getting a lawyer as soon as I can, but I need legal advice as to what I should be documenting, and what I can do NOW to get my son. Please Help!!

Jason A. Weis Shoun, Bach, Walinsky & Curran, PC

Re: Wife left with Child

You need a lawyer. If she deserted the marriage by moving to Florida and you are certain that you want a divorce, you may file a mensa thoro divorce complaint on the grounds of desertion/abandonment as well as a pendente lite motion seeking temporary custody of the child. Those can be done ASAP.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia