Virginia  |  Civil Litigation

My friend has not paid for my CD's that were supposedly stolen from her car

My best friend told me that my 57 CD's were stolen from her car along with her sister's camcorder and her son's gameboy. She said that she filed a police report and a claim with her insurance company and she would have the check by Wednesday, 1/15/03 and would give me $565 on Friday 1/17/03(this was the amount her insurance company was giving her) and the difference when she got her tax return ($237).

I contacted the police department to obtain a copy of the police report that she said was taken on 1/9/03. They did not have one on record as of 1/13/03. I then contacted her insurance company and the adjsuster told me that he specifically explained to her that her policy did not cover any damage to personal belongings in the vehicle and there was no damage to the vehicle. He also confirmed that no money was being paid for this claim. I left a message for her last night notifying her that I needed to know by midnight how I would be reimbursed and this must be paid by 1/23/03. (initially she told me that she would have the insurance check by 1/25/03 and on 1/19/03 stated that the check was mailed on 1/17/03 or 1/18/03). I don't think she has any intention on paying for this. What should I do?