Virginia  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/22/13, 8:16 am

I just received a judgement against an individual, what is the best way to collect?

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/22/13, 9:13 am by Michael E. Hendrickson

Find out where his or her income and other assets are located

and then schedule a consultation with an attorney for advice as to how you should best proceed to execute on the matter.

(If the only asset you can locate is the debtor's wages, you

could go to the clerk's office of the court which rendered the

judgment and fill out the paperwork necessary for a garnishment

summons to be issued out of this court against your judgment debtor's wages.)

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney & Counsellor at Law 211 North Union Street Suite 100 Alexandria, 22314

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search