Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Virginia

Son borrowed money from mother and put auto up for collateral without his wife knowing why i had lein. He now has passed and she wants title. What legal remedies are there

Asked on 2/12/13, 6:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

So, mother could present her claim for payment as a creditor to the executor of her son's estate(such as it may be), but if such is refused or rebuffed, then you

could simply refuse to convey vehicle title to this surviving spouse until your lien has been satisfied, i.e., PAID.

Read more
Answered on 2/12/13, 9:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now