Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Virginia

Can I sue somebody for money they owe me 3 years after the fact?

Asked on 4/23/13, 6:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Sure, if you're suing in Virginia and have a written contract or an oral agreement

that is not more than three years old. (Verbal agreements in the Commonwealth

have a statute of limitations of three years.)

Read more
Answered on 4/23/13, 8:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now