Virginia  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/31/08, 9:19 pm

i-130 petition for my mother

I have a question. I will appreciate a brief answer if possible. I am US Citizen. I have petitioned for my mother to come from Mexico. At the Embassy they told her that she needed an i-601 waiver (since she attempted once to cross the border, got caught, she didn't try again after tha, she just stayed in Mexico). She filled out the I-601, and went back on appointment to the Embassy. THey told her that she needed a letter of hardship from her husband. But it is ME who is petitioning for her, not her husband. In fact, my mother does not HAVE a husband. So, can married/unmarried US CITIZEN children do the letter? If not, what are the options? DOes she just sit in Mexico for the next 10 years? Thanks!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search