Legal Question in Immigration Law in Virginia

support issue

i am not eligible to support my husband. i need to find a loop hole to support him. if his employer agrees to can they use their taxes for the company and not the individual person. can i use his income? my income for last three years does not qualify. help!!! we are ready to file and this is our only problem.

Asked on 9/28/04, 7:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: support issue

What are you filing for, a green card application

for your husband based upon family reunification?

If so you must meet the income requirements which are required in order to sponsor your husband's application. These income requirements are quite strict and you are not permitted to use any other income other than your own on this application.(The government wants to make sure that in the event your husband becomes disabled and/or destitute that you rather than the U.S. taxpayers will be financially able to carry the burden of supporting him.)

Read more
Answered on 9/29/04, 7:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now