Virginia  |  Insurance Law

Accident, offer made but very low.

I was involved in an car accident me, and my two children on Valentines day. My car was determined totaled. I have already signed my title over to the insurance company. I have another adjuster for my pain and suffering. My medical bills are exceeding 7,000.00 and My children were in the car and I have lost my job due to transportation, and I have missed several days of school. I have suffered mental and physical anguish, visting a physical therapist for my neck pain, and I was offered 7,000.00 for medical and for lost wages and pain and suffering 1,517.19. IS this enough or do I need a lawyer?

Answered on: 3/06/06, 10:59 pm by Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: Accident, offer made but very low.

This offer, $7000, apparently, doesn't even cover your medicals, and the $1,517.19 which supposedly covers your lost wages and pain/suffering is a joke---and, needless to say, a very bad one at that. This is another classic

example of an insurance carrier which refuses to

pay a fair amount for an honest claim and as long as you continue lawyerless, they'll continue to squeeze you for the maximum effect on their bottom line.

Better arrange to see an attorney ASAP.

Attorney & Counsellor at Law 211 North Union Street Suite 100 Alexandria, 22314

Answered on: 3/07/06, 2:19 pm by Robert Corish

Re: Accident, offer made but very low.

This offer is definitely too low. Not only does it does it not cover the medicals, it does not cover your lost income. I do not understand how the isurance company came to the pain and suffering figure. Moreover, have you been diagnosed with the need for any future medical care. Is there any posibility of a permenent injury? Finally, what about your children? Were they injured? They may have claims.

Corish, Hill & Associates, PLLC 1039 Sterling Rd. Herndon, VA 20170