Legal Question in International Law in Virginia


1) What proceedure do I need to go through to get sole custody of my daughter?

2) How can I get my daughter back from Morocco after I signed an agreement to let her go to Morocco for a 6 month visit (5years ago)?

3) How can I prepare her to come home if she doesn't even speak English anymore? What can I do?

I have been patient when he says he going to bring her home. I have been kind to him and his family. I fear if I don't try to get her I may never she her again. And just to answer if you and I have not gone there to try to get her as everyone in my family and my ex knows I have a strong fear of flying. Can anyone help me?

Asked on 2/08/11, 8:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Morocco, an essentially Arab land following who knows what

kind of paternalistic (father oriented) laws and, perhaps, even the

oppressive Sharia strongly favored in the Islamist world?

Realistically speaking, your only chance of retrieving this child from

where she is currently being held probably is to send someone over there (a family member, perhaps, who is not afraid of flying) to arrange surreptitiously for her extraction and return to the U.S. (in my opinion).

Read more
Answered on 2/09/11, 6:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More International Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now