Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Virginia

Excess charges against my security deposit

When I moved into my apartment, the onsite representative gave me a check-in sheet and told me to note all the discrepancies. I noted them all in great detail and furnished the sheet to them. Upon checkout, they hit me for all the discrepancies I noted and took approx half of my security deposit. What are my alternatives?

Asked on 9/19/07, 9:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Strupp Robert J. Strupp,Attorney at Law, PLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Excess charges against my security deposit

You can dispute this by filing an action --depending on dollar amount, it may be a small claims matter.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/07, 9:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now