Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Virginia

We had what we thought were friends who were homeless, and needed some shelter. We allowed them to move into a trailer on our farm. All we asked was that they help with some of the clean up and work with the horses, but the really didn't do much of anything at all. We have since found out that they just pretty much stay high either on alcohol or various illegal drugs and want them out. We were trying to help someone and I guess it bit us in the ass. How do we get them out?

Asked on 8/12/13, 10:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Go to the clerk's office of your local general district court(civil division) and tell them that you want to file what's called a Warrant for Unlawful Detainer against these apparent ingrates who have now become squatters in order to evict them from further occupation of your property without payment of any kind on their part for the privilege of staying there.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 2:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now