Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Virginia

I am a mold remediation contractor. A tenant of a piece of property owned by a gentleman in Northern VA and mantained by a property manager in southern VA is preparing to sue the owner/manager over a mold issue in his basement that the tenant feels has not been properly addressed. I met with the owner this weekend but he proposed payments terms which I was not in aggreement with. I spoke with the tenant telling him that I was backing out of the job because the owner and I could not come to terms. The owner has now contacted the BBB, demanding an explanation and an apology because I informed the tenant why I weas backing out of the job. I was not in a contract with any individual, I have not been payed by any individual, while trying to keep all affected parties informed of what I felt like was appropriate or required information, being as honest as I can. Did I cross the boundary by informing the tenant the reason why I was backing out of the job?

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

No, I would think not (based upon the facts as you've recounted them).

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Virginia