Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Virginia

I was wondering if there was anything that could be done about a medical situation. I was told on Monday (1/9/13) that I had an STD and was also retested on Monday, but since the results take a few days to come back they also treated me the same day i had the second test done. I later found out that the test was wrong and I didnt have a STD. They treated me for something that I didn't have and I am also pregnant. Will I be able to take any actions against anyone involved such as the lab tech or the doctor that administered the test? They have also been watching for any signs of this having an impact on my unborn babies. Basically in the end, I was told that the hospital got my results mixed up and entered information on the wrong papers which was the reason they thought my results were positive.

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

So, what are your provable damages (either to you or your fetus) resulting from this apparently maladministered test and/or any

mix up in test results information that the hospital may have given to you,

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Virginia