Virginia  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/22/13, 5:50 pm

I was hit by a postal worker today while riding my bike. He was at fault. He was at a stop sign and I watched to make sure he wasn't going to go and he was looking down and taking his seatbelt off. I assumed he wasn't about to turn. I continued on the sidewalk and when I got in front of him he pulled off and hit me. I went off in an ambulance, but I only had minor injuries (bruised leg and ribs and some scrapes). There was damage to my bike. Should I call an attorney?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/22/13, 9:12 pm by Michael E. Hendrickson

Would seem to depend on what your damages are at this time, if you can even know.

(If they truly are limited to no more than a few hundred dollars at most for which

the USPS is willing to reimburse you after you file your claim, you may

not need counsel to represent you.)

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney & Counsellor at Law 211 North Union Street Suite 100 Alexandria, 22314

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search