Legal Question in Personal Injury in Virginia

Will I receive a fair settlement

I was hit by a Tractor trailer and as a result I have panic attacks that have altered my life completely. I am desperately afraid to travel major highways and excessive traffic on city roads can sometime cause stress enough to bring on an attack. The Insurance company who insured the driver-who was found guilty of reckless driving wants only to pay for medical expenses incurred during that time, however I am still being treated for this condition. What are my chances of a fair settlement if going to court.

Richard Jordan Hamilton and Hamilton LLP

Re: Will I receive a fair settlement

It sounds self-serving for the legal profession, but it is true that the best way to obtain a fair resolution of your claim is to hire an attorney who handles personal injury cases. If you were injured by a reckless driver, you are entitled to more compensation than just reimbursement of medical expenses. The insurance company's willingness to pay only medical expenses is an example of why one needs legal representation in dealing with insurance companies.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Virginia