Virginia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/02/09, 3:03 pm


Can you please tell me what's the best way I can get my name on the title/deed of our home which my husband bought before we were married? The house is recently paid off and is in VA. Also, what do these services typically cost? Please advise. Thank you greatly!

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/07/09, 3:46 pm by Michael E. Hendrickson

The best way is probably by what's known as execution of a Deed of Gift which a local real estate attorney should be able to prepare and file for you for a couple of hours of his or her professional time.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney & Counsellor at Law 211 North Union Street Suite 100 Alexandria, 22314

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search