Virginia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/07/13, 5:28 am

My husband left me a year ago i pay the mortgage each month. we are on the loan documents but I am only on the Deed. Can I sell home with out his concent?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/07/13, 8:59 pm by Michael E. Hendrickson

Your husband's possible unresolved marital claims against the property might

result in a cloud on the title and cause a reluctance on the part of any prospective buyers to go through with the deal once the situation is fully disclosed to them.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney & Counsellor at Law 211 North Union Street Suite 100 Alexandria, 22314

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search