Virginia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/25/13, 2:20 pm

My mother has an existing mortgage on her house. As part of the estate planning I wish to add my name to the deed. Which deed should I fill out..quitclaim, gift etc in the state of Va.

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/25/13, 5:14 pm by Michael E. Hendrickson

Your mother, not you, would complete a deed of gift to add your name to the deed should that be her intention and then have it properly

recorded in the land records of the local circuit court of the locality

where the property is located.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney & Counsellor at Law 211 North Union Street Suite 100 Alexandria, 22314

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search