Virginia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/01/03, 10:40 pm

Can I refuse to pay HOA Special Assessment fees for work not performed?

My condo association/management just sent a letter advising that special assessment is needed to cover reserve funds used to cover condo improvements such as patio fencing repairs, window wood work and painting.

My patio fencing was ''improved'' but it is now missing wood panels and there is now excessive paint on the siding where the contractor painted the wood around the windows.

Can I legally refuse to pay the special assessment for the improvements since they were not completed correctly or the job was poorly done? Or can I defer payment until the improvements are corrected?

Thank you for your time.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search