Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Virginia

If a person makes a complaint about sexual harrassment by another employee what action should the employer take? I always thought that the employer was suppossed to put the one doing the harrassing on suspention until an investigation was completed.. this person is still on the job and now I dont want to return to the job..

Asked on 5/30/12, 12:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I am not aware of any such requirement that the alleged perpetrator

of the harassment must be suspended from his or her job while the employer investigates the alleged victim's charges.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/12, 5:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now