Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Virginia

I was recently contacted via Facebook by someone claiming to have video of my wife and I having sex when we lived above this person 12 years ago. They are now threatening to upload this to an amatuer porn site and send the link out to friends and family. I contacted my local police dept. and they said until this person actually did what they were threatening there was nothing they could do. Is this true?

Asked on 7/23/11, 8:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may wish to consider hiring an attorney to write a letter to these

shameless miscreants warning them that if they should follow through on this outlandish threat, that they could face not only criminal but also a civil

suit for damages, that could include actions for defamation, tortious invasion of privacy, and who knows what else.

Read more
Answered on 7/24/11, 8:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now