Legal Question in Tax Law in Virginia

my son and i live my mom and her home has been autioned and cofirmed sold in circuit court.my mom did not understand the fees that come with being years behind so she stopped paying again.when i found out i tried to save by putting down $6,000-$8,000 but was told by the treasures office and the attorneys office it had to be paid in full.it looks bad that no payments were made from 5-17-2007 until the house was sold on 10-4-2010.my mom has had mental problems for many years,but when she was checked they could not keep her because it was religous.my name is not on any papers so what can i do?with no money how can i get an appeal to the supreme court on time to beat the thirty day deadline?

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Even if you could arrange to appeal (and perfect it which might require your posting a bond) the decision of the circuit court within the 30 day time limitation, without one or more credible assignment(s) of error attributable to the circuit court's apparent decision to uphold the complaint to foreclose the property, your appeal would likely go nowhere at the Virginia appellate level (in my opinion).

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Virginia

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms