Legal Question in Traffic Law in Virginia

My 17yr old son was in the line at school. He was drifting maybe 2 or 3 miles per hour and looked at his siter to answer a question and tap the back end of a car. So lightly that my children did not even feel impact. Everyone got out of the cars and looked to find damage. The owners of the other vehicle looked closley ( I know because I was not to far behind them) told my children they did not see any damage and they left.

3 hours later the police show up at my son's school because the passenger went to emergency room because her neck hurt. The police officer saw not damage on my car and minor scraatches on the other car. Not directly related to the incident.

Now two days later the call their insurance and report a claim. The passenger admit to not wearing her seatbelt. Since this was school property what are the laws here?

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

"What are the laws here?", you query. (The fact that this incident allegedly occurred on school property I would deem largely irrelevant.)

Forget about the laws,; how about those with the most credible facts? Ever hear of "they said vs. they said"?

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Virginia