Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Virginia


My mother's will stated that her estate will be left with ''equal shares to all surving children and deceased children who left issues''. My brother died 2 months after she did before the estate is settled. he was married but has no children....who gets his share?

Asked on 7/13/06, 7:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Wills

If your brother died "without issue"(meaning offspring or heirs), your mother's estate will simply be divided equally among the surviving children. (Your brother's share in effect goes back into the estate pool.)

Read more
Answered on 7/13/06, 8:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now