Washington  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/13/10, 11:56 pm

I bought a horse for my step daughter after her father and I divorced. She lived in Idaho at the time and maintained horse there. After 2 years she could no longer keep horse as her parents refused to pay for its boarding. The horse was given back to me and I live in Washington State, there was no paperwork. I have had horse in my possession and care for ten months. During this time horse required extra feed and step daughter on 2 separate occasions helped pay for feed but only after she was advised the horse was being given up for adoption and gifted to someone who could maintain her. She is now threatening to sue and take horse back. What rights do I have? Compensation for caring for horse etc or right to sell animal.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search