Washington  |  Civil Litigation

I bought a horse for my step daughter after her father and I divorced. She lived in Idaho at the time and maintained horse there. After 2 years she could no longer keep horse as her parents refused to pay for its boarding. The horse was given back to me and I live in Washington State, there was no paperwork. I have had horse in my possession and care for ten months. During this time horse required extra feed and step daughter on 2 separate occasions helped pay for feed but only after she was advised the horse was being given up for adoption and gifted to someone who could maintain her. She is now threatening to sue and take horse back. What rights do I have? Compensation for caring for horse etc or right to sell animal.

Answered on: 6/22/10, 4:16 pm by Ann Sattler

What do you want? Do you want to keep the horse? Do you want the right to sell it? It is important to know what you want to see if / how it can be done.

Aiken, St. Louis & Siljeg, P.S. 801 Second Ave., Suite 1200 Seattle, WA 98104