Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Washington

Foreclosure on home

If I file a Chapter 13 this month and I am 4 months behind on my Mortgage will that stop the foreclosure on my house? and give me a payback plan?

Thomas K. Atwood Thomas K. Atwood, Attorney at Law

Re: Foreclosure on home

Chapter 13 does have the ability to cure defaults in a mortgage, and can prevent the lender from commencing or continuing with foreclosure activity while the Chapter 13 Plan is performed. The Chapter 13 can also deal with the balance of your obligations, and can discharge most if not all of your credit card and other unsecured consumer debt depending on your income and expenses. It's a great program in the right circumstances, is inexpensive to get filed, and if you have the ongoing income to make future mortgage payments can allow you to keep your home. Please see a qualified bankruptcy attorney for a consult ASAP.

Re: Foreclosure on home

Re: Foreclosure on home

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Washington

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms