Legal Question in Consumer Law in Washington

I found half of a sugar packet in my coffee from Starbucks. Can I sue?

Asked on 8/30/10, 2:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thuong-Tri Nguyen Thuong-Tri Legal Services, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Sure, you can sue. But, your lawsuit likely will be dismissed if there is nothing else to your story.

In general, among other elements, you would have to have damages. Finding some paper in your coffee likely resulted in no damages to you.

Moreover, if the court finds your lawsuit to be frivolous, the court may be inclined to impose sanctions on you. The sanctions may include money fines.

You can review your specific facts with your attorney to find out if you have any valid basis to bring any legal action.

Outside of the court, you can report to the department of health which may investigate whether the coffee shop is meeting health codes.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/10, 4:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now