Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Washington

I had a bankruptcy discharge 2 1/2yrs ago. I\'m getting married in Oct 09, will I be able to change my last name in spite of the bankruptcy?

Asked on 7/30/09, 1:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James J. White, attorney Law Offices of Smith & White, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, the name change is not for the purpose of avoiding creditors. Also, you should not have any creditors now that you've completed your bankruptcy. If you do have creditors, make sure they are aware of the name change.

At your service,

Read more
Answered on 8/05/09, 4:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now