Washington  |  Bankruptcy

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/08/13, 2:44 pm

I am divorced. During the 2 years it took, my husband and I jointly filed bankruptcy prior to working out spousal support. This was recommended by our divorce attorneys. I put in my paperwork all my debt including my 3256.00 I currently owed my divorce attorney. ( I had already paid him 5000.00. My total bill is now 6002.00, he never took off the 3256.00 from the bankruptcy. I have been told by a friend that is an attorney , that I know I don't need to pay that amount. I am just to subtract that amount from the total and pay that amount and include a copy of the bankruptcy paperwork with it showing the amount that was owing at the time of bankruptcy. Is this true?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search