Legal Question in Business Law in Washington

I legally removed myself from an llc four years ago. The current business owner had a judgement and the bond company sent me a letter for payment. With no legal ties to the business, am I liable ? I have been working in another state for the past four years in a completely different field.

Amir John Showrai The Pacific Law Firm, PLLC

This one is hard to answer without more information. Suffice it to say, if you were a member and the judgment resulted from something another member of the LLC did, then it is possible that you may be shielded from liability. My best suggestion for you is to hire an attorney to review what has been sent to you and to discuss with you exact time lines and the details of your departure from the LLC.

If you are in another state, I recommend hiring someone local to the dispute, just in case it turns into litigation, which will allow you to have someone already familiar with the case, there and able to defend your interests.

Kevin B. Murphy Franchise Foundations, APC

Any attorney will say more information is needed. Depending on how you removed yourself, etc. there may not be a problem. Consult with an attorney in your area for specifics.

Kevin B. Murphy, B.S., M.B.A., J.D. - Mr. Franchise

Franchise Attorney

More Business Law questions and answers in Washington

Business Law Legal Forms