Legal Question in Business Law in Washington

PayPal withdraws $1100 from Seller AFTER seller Shipped laptop

I sold my laptop on eBay for $1100. Once the money was deposited into my PayPal account I shipped the item internationally via a trackable and signed UPS package. A week later PayPal withdrew the $1100 dollars from my account citing that the buyer used a fradulent form of payment.

I find it weird that PayPal notified of the fraud me AFTER I both the money was deposited into my account and shipped the laptop. I fulfilled, in good faith, my role as a seller and feel that I should either get my laptop or my money back.

Can I take PayPal to court? When someone purschases something on Amazon.com using a someone else credit card, for example, the credit cards don't go after Amazon. Can PayPal legally steal that money from me?

Lee Brettin Brettin Law Office

Re: PayPal withdraws $1100 from Seller AFTER seller Shipped laptop

Sorry to hear about your loss. I think you’ve got a couple valid points. However, before rendering a legal opinion on loss liability I would need to read the fine print in your Paypal “click-approve” agreement. Usually on-line service providers are very careful about furnishing disclaimers, warranties and representations that cover this kind of petty fraud in detail. I recommend that you read the fine print in the agreement before deciding on your next step and best course of action. Good luck. Lee

More Business Law questions and answers in Washington

Business Law Legal Forms