Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Washington

if a state takes away rights over a child is there a way to get them back

Asked on 3/10/13, 2:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amir John Showrai The Pacific Law Firm, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It depends on what you mean "takes away rights over a child." If by that you mean a child is put into foster care, yes, a parent and child can still be reunited. The point of no return is really after an adoption and termination of parental rights that go along with that process.

Beyond that, each case's outcome depends on the facts of that particular case. That said, the state's policy is to reunite parents and children whenever possible—emphasis on POSSIBLE.

Read more
Answered on 3/10/13, 7:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now