Washington  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/24/10, 7:56 pm

My boyfriend recently got a Minor In Posession of Liquor charge. That was last month. He never recieved anything in the mail about a courtdate or anything about this charge, i know this because i live with him and check our mail. He recently got pulled over and was thrown in jail because of a warrant for his missed court date which he never knew he had. Are courts allowed to do this if one had nothing stating he had court? also, they said he can only be released with a EHM system. How long does one usually have to wear this for a MIP?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search