Legal Question in Criminal Law in Washington

My brother lives in oregon and I live in washington.. my brother was stopped and received a possession of marijuana and used my name and identity for.the citation. Since he has a warrant in washington. I don't know what I should do. Do I pay the fine and forget it or will it bite me later?

Asked on 6/26/13, 3:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stan Glisson Glisson, Witt & Altman
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Since there is no way to predict how that infraction might impact you in the future (when it shows up on a background check for a job, an apartment, or even if you want to volunteer to take your kid on a school field trip) I would certainly go contest it. Paying the fine is probably not the biggest thing; but lots of people still have very negative opinions about marijuana use, particularly in a car. You don't want that on your record.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 12:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88403 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Charles AspinwallCharles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLCLos Lunas, NM
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now