Legal Question in Criminal Law in Washington

My brother lives in oregon and I live in washington.. my brother was stopped and received a possession of marijuana and used my name and identity for.the citation. Since he has a warrant in washington. I don't know what I should do. Do I pay the fine and forget it or will it bite me later?

Stan Glisson Glisson & Morris

Since there is no way to predict how that infraction might impact you in the future (when it shows up on a background check for a job, an apartment, or even if you want to volunteer to take your kid on a school field trip) I would certainly go contest it. Paying the fine is probably not the biggest thing; but lots of people still have very negative opinions about marijuana use, particularly in a car. You don't want that on your record.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Washington

Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA